The House of Nicholas
A family run business with a vast collection of beautifully styled designer wedding gowns finely crafted in quality fabrics, including hand-beaded lace, guipure, luxurious satins, tulle and organzas, all beautifully created and reasonably priced.
It was in the early part of 1950, that a brother and sister, Jack and Nitza Nicholas, took a small room in North London, and started manufacturing bridal gowns. As the work began to mount up, the rest of the family, firstly Johnny, followed by Tony, Androulla, Fanos and later Elias, joined the company, each taking responsibility for their own departments. In a short space of time, a large number of workers were being engaged to cope with the ever increasing demand for Nicholas Brothers Gowns.
They soon introduced evening and cocktail wear to the collection, and this bought interest from film productions, the most famous being the James Bond franchise.
As the company grew, and the original founders were ready to step down, younger members of the family joined the company, and its name was changed to The House Of Nicholas.
The company’s Ethos was to produce a first class product, at an affordable price, complemented by reliability and a stellar customer service. They found success as a result of their commitment to innovation, original design & high standards of manufacture, without mentioning two generations of family guidance.